on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ARKInvest
Ark Invest has emerged as the analyst firm providing the best insights into the potential future impact of new technologies in my opinion.
Founded by Cathie Wood: https://twitter.com/CathieDWood
Analysts to follow:
- Brett Winton https://twitter.com/wintonARK
- Tasha Keeney https://twitter.com/TashaARK
Ark Invest's Big Ideas 2022
Ark Invest's Big Ideas 2023
Ark Invest, in my opinion the analyst firm providing the best insights into the potential future impact of new technologies, released its "Big Ideas" annual report last week.
150 slides breaking down the economic potential of AI, blockchains, electric transportation, autonomous vehicles, robotics, space & more.
They focus on a 10+ years horizon.
Of note to me is that they seem to be the only one to "connect the dots" - especially the synergies emerging from the convergence of these innovations.
Too many insights to summarize, depending on your focus - I'll let you download the PDF if interested.
Just a few:
- Cost to train an AI 10x lower in last 2 years
- Human + AI forecasted to increase coding productivity x10
- AI software could generate $90 trillion in enterprise value in 2030
- Bitcoin still could exceed $1M by 2030
- Smart contract networks (eg Ethereum) could facilitate $450 billion in fees by 2030
- Autonomous ride-hail could create a $11 trillion TAM & eliminate 60% of short-haul flights
- Autonmous trucks should become more cost effective than rail
- 33x improvement in robot performance over last 7 years
- Amazon is producing ~1,000 robots per day. Within the next few years, it could add more robots than employees per year.
One field still missing from their analysis I feel is quantum computing.